Contact us with any questions about your best location or time.
// February 09, 2022
When is the last time you visited a Utah eye doctor? For many, it’s an appointment that gets shuffled to the bottom of the list. If you don’t see or feel a problem with your eyes, it’s not worth going to the eye doctor, right?
The truth is, your vision is possibly your most important sense. The CDC reports that 11 million Americans over age 12 need vision correction — it’s very common to need vision correction and not even know it! But eye doctors do much more than prescribe glasses or contacts. Your eyes are just like any other organ: they are susceptible to disease and deterioration — and the risks for both can increase depending on your age and overall health and lifestyle. Some issues can occur slowly and not attract much notice at first. Here’s another pretty startling statistic from the CDC: Of the estimated 93 million US adults at high risk for vision loss, only half visited an eye doctor in the past 12 months. Visiting an eye doctor early and often covers your bases with preventive care — and can ultimately be critical for preserving your most important sense.
At Excel Eye Center, we are a one-stop shop for eye care in Utah. From glasses and contacts to eye disease screenings, eye surgeries, and even cosmetic treatments, a visit to our practice will provide comprehensive eye care for you and your entire family.
Eye care encompasses three different areas of treatment: vision correction, eye health, and eye-related cosmetic services. At our eye clinic in Utah, we offer comprehensive treatment for every area, including:
To help you see clearly, our doctors provide eye exams to determine the right prescription for your vision needs. Our opticians then fit you to the right contacts or glasses. Surgical procedures can offer long-lasting vision correction while eliminating the daily need for glasses or contacts.
Our services include:
– Eye exams
– Contact and glasses fittings
– LASIK eye surgery and PRK
Beyond correcting vision, our team of optometrists and ophthalmologists supports the entire health and function of your eyes. Injuries or illnesses that pose a risk to your vision can be mitigated through preventive care, diagnosis, and treatment by our experienced team.
Our services include:
– Comprehensive eye care
– Cataract surgery
– Treatment for age-related macular degeneration
– Retinal diabetic screenings and treatment for diabetic macular edema
– Retinal screenings for retinal tears or detachments
– Retinal care for vein or artery occlusions
– Pediatric ophthalmology: including treatment for strabismus, amblyopia, rapidly progressing myopia, and pediatric catataracts
– Dry eye treatments, such as punctal plugs and LipiFlow Thermal Puslation procedures
– Corneal transplant and cross-linking to repair damaged corneas
The delicate skin around the eyes ages more quickly than other areas of the face and body. With special focus on anti-aging procedures for the eye area, our team also provides comprehensive cosmetic services to help you feel and look your best.
Our services include:
– Cosmetic and functional eyelid surgery
– Botox treatments
– Thyroid eye disease treatments and surgeries
– Skin care products
– Laser skin treatments
– And more
Eye diseases are notorious for being harder to detect early on. However, a few key warning signs may help you know if your eyes are not functioning at their highest level. If you experience any of these, it’s best to book an appointment right away with one of our ophthalmologists.
– Recurring “red” eyes (especially if accompanied by any burning, stinging, or painful sensations)
– Difficulties seeing or driving in the dark
– Significant glare or halos with oncoming headlights
– Unexplained headaches or headaches occurring after using a computer, smartphone, or other digital device
– Increased sensitivity to sunlight or other bright lights
– An increased amount of floaters or flashes in your vision
– Double vision
– Watery eyes
– Vision that changes or appears blurry or distorted
With over 100 years of serving our Utah community, Excel Eye Center is the top choice for superior care in the Beehive State. By choosing Excel Eye Center, you have access to our large network of Utah eye doctors and cosmetic specialists. In addition, our commitment to the latest technology and eye care practices means you’ll receive the highest quality care available. Many of our doctors are diplomates of the American Board of Ophthalmology and other medical professional organizations that require ongoing commitments to training and research.
Excel Eye Center is Utah Valley and Central Utah’s leading eye care provider that’s always convenient. We have 13 locations, so there’s sure to be one near you.
Visit us in:
● American Fork
● Saratoga Springs
● Spanish Fork
● Mount Pleasant
To schedule your next consultation or appointment with a member of our team, contact us online today, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.